Cardiovascular Disease is a group of diseases that include disorder of the heart and blood vessels. This is commonly known as heart disease and stroke.
If you have heart disease or stroke, you can greatly improve your disease and prevent further development by starting an exercise program!
Exercise will help you:
- Lower your blood pressure
- Lower your LDL (bad cholesterol)
- Increase your HDL (good cholesterol)
- Lower your risks for other chronic diseases like type II diabetes and cancer
- Lower your blood sugar if you have Type II Diabetes
- Improve the fitness of your heart
- Improve your muscle strength and balance
- Improve your mood
- Improve weight management
Not sure where to start? Join the Valley Cardiac Rehab Program!
The Extended Warranty II Valley Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is a 10 week comprehensive program that includes education, exercise and healthy cooking classes. The program is delivered by a team of healthcare professionals that includes a cardiologist, a pharmacist, a psychologist, a registered dietician, a certified exercise physiologist/kinesiologist, and registered nurses.
You will learn about heart disease management, exercise and nutrition!
A referral can be made through your heart specialist.